Of Casting For
A 1 day hands-on course covering basic orthopaedic plastering techniques, aimed at all junior medical & nursing staff up to CT3 & advanced practitioner level
Future Course Dates //
Early bird rate - £179 (before 1st March)
Full rate - £189
POSTPONED; £10 refer a friend discount
Early bird rate - £199 (TBC)
Full rate - £219
Places still available; £10 refer a friend discount
A little taste of what the course is like
"A practical casting course devoted entirely to orthopaedic casting techniques aimed at orthopaedic trainees"
Fully accredited by the BOA Casting Commitee
Designed to satisfy T&O ST3 desirable criteria
Ideal for T&O, A&E, core surgery & FY trainees
Highly suitable for Emergency/Advanced Nurse and Paramedic Practioners
High Faculty:Delegate Ratio //
The places on our orthopaedic plastering course are strictly limited to ensure high faculty:delegate ratios of 1:3.
A list of some of our dedicated regular faculty can be found here
What's Included //
- Casting principles and complications
- Workshops covering all basic casting techniques
- Lectures revising common fracture types
- Prize for the best cast of the day
- Breakfast, refreshments and lunch
- A sample programme can be viewed here
- The course is very hands on!
- Don't bring your nicest clothes!
- T-shirt and shorts or scrubs
- Flip-flops or easily removable shoes